Google Summit: Connecting with Colleagues

The Google Summit was held at Presbyterian Ladies College, in Croydon, Sydney.

This is a shot of the beautiful gardens where we had lunch and

Google Summit PLC Sydney

Google Summit PLC Sydney

met up between sessions.

Travelling to the Google Summit was easy being just a short train ride from Central Station where we were staying at the Adina Apartment Hotel.

In the evenings I ‘skyped’ home and wrote up my notes checking the links that were mentioned in the sessions, reading about the presenters and planning Day 2.

I hadn’t ‘skyped’ much before and found it a fabulous way to keep in touch with family back in Adelaide. While looking at Skype I also found Skype for Education an amazing way of communicating globally with other classes and even scientists doing fieldwork. The possibility of using Skype Lessons to connect with authors or another class is an activity I want to incorporate into next term’s ESL and English curriculum.

Adina Hotel

Writing up my notes.

This is my desk from which I had view of the downtown city lights. It was a delight to sit at the computer looking out at the rain and the blurred neon lights before meeting up with my colleagues for dinner. Being away from home offered a wonderful opportunity to connect with colleagues, to share our learning and to talk about practical possibilities that Google Apps offer in the classroom and for the school.